CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dad, Mom, Keith, & Kim went home to Lawton after the funeral. I was officially on my own living with my friend in Fort Worth and working full time as a Proof Operator in a bank. July 4, weekend I took the bus to Lawton for the first time. All of my grandparents were there so we had a great time. On Sunday I went to church and met the Minister and his wife, their children were out of town. Their oldest son Steven was married to Betty May 8,1976, so Stan, Clarice & Robert Paul went to see them. I also was at my best friend Renee's wedding who married Richard May 8, 1976. This is the first of many amazing likness in our relationship. I went back home and started planning another trip to Lawton, yes, I was homesick. I decided what weekend was best for me and called my cousin Susan to see if she wanted to go with me since this was my first road trip to Lawton. At the first of that week Keith called to see if I wanted to go on a blind date and double with him, I said yes. What had happened was Keith and Stan had become running buddies and Keith wanted to date a girl from church and she said only if it was a double date. Keith asked Stan and was told Stan had just ended a relationship, so he did not have a date. Keith then told Stan he had a sister, from there Stan had a load of questions!! " Is she pretty?", "Is she fat?'" Keith told Stan yeah it will work out!! Trust ME!! Susan and I arrived in Lawton around 4pm on Saturday and Stan was there, I really got nervous and thinking, "Why did I even come"? Our date is one I will never forget that is for sure!!! We went in Keith's pickup, with all four of us in the front seat. Keith and Stan had planned that when they put their arms around us they would use pinkie signals on how the night was going. We had no idea they were doing this. Till me again.....................

0 comments:

Post a Comment